Here at Three Rivers Family Dentistry in Murfreesboro, TN, Dr. Mark Connolly provides compassionate Pediatric Dentistry and is dedicated to the oral health of children from infancy through the teen years. He has the experience and qualifications to care for a child’s teeth, gums, and mouth throughout the various stages of childhood.
Children begin to get their baby teeth during the first 6 months of life. By age 6 or 7 years, they start to lose their first set of teeth, which eventually are replaced by secondary, permanent teeth. Without proper dental care, children face possible oral decay and disease that can cause a lifetime of pain and complications. Today, early childhood dental infectious disease is 5 times more common in children than asthma and 7 times more common than hay fever.
It is very important to ensure that your children are seeing a dentist on a regular basis to prevent complications from arising down the road. Call Three Rivers Family Dentistry today or book an appointment through our online form.
Pediatric Dental Treatments
Dr. Mark Connolly provides comprehensive pediatric oral health care that includes the following:
- Infant oral health exams, which include risk assessment for caries in mother and child
- Preventive dental care including cleaning and fluoride treatments, as well as nutrition and diet recommendations
- Habit counseling (for example, pacifier use and thumb sucking)
- Early assessment and treatment for straightening teeth and correcting an improper bite (orthodontics)
- Repair of tooth cavities or defects
- Diagnosis of oral conditions associated with diseases such as diabetes, congenital heart defect, asthma, hay fever, and attention deficit/ hyperactivity disorder
- Management of gum diseases and conditions including ulcers, short frenulae, mucoceles, and pediatric periodontal disease
- Care for dental injuries (for example, fractured, displaced, or knocked-out teeth)
Pediatric Dentists: Quality Dental Care For Your Child
Children are not just small adults. They are not always able to be patient and cooperative during a dental exam. Dr. Mark Connolly’s provides nurturing dental practices and knows how to examine and treat children in ways that make them comfortable. In addition, we use specially designed equipment in our office that is arranged and decorated with children in mind.
We offer a wide range of treatment options, as well as expertise and training to care for your child’s teeth, gums, and mouth. You can be assured that Dr. Connolly will provide the best possible care for your children.