Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental Implants or Bridges?
Two common options to replacing missing teeth include dental implants and dental bridges. There are key differences between the two. A dental implant is an artificial tooth root that is anchored in place of a missing tooth. A dental bridge, however, does not replace the tooth root. A bridge uses one or more surrounding teeth to support the bridge fixture.
Benefits of Single Tooth Dental Bridges
- Lower cost versus implants
- Faster healing
- Offers both function and aesthetic correction
- Prevent supporting teeth from drifting out of position
Benefits of Single Tooth Dental Implants
- More natural look
- Fuses to bone for better permanency
- Less likely to have bone loss due to stimulation of jaw bone